2.25.2012

The Road to Greatness Starts @HOME


The road to greatness may have never run as smooth and as easy we may want it to be, but having someone to accompany us along the way increases the probability that we'd reach the END of the ROAD... SUCCESSFULLY!

Just as I may have the same mantra in life since I got married and got kids of my own, I love that Globe is keying into the importance of one's family in the HOME as a MAJOR ROLEPLAYER in achieving one's dreams and aspirations. Indeed greatness ought to start @HOME!








As parents we have always had HIGH HOPES for our kids. I have two, a girl and a boy, and I know I can never be more than thankful that they came and graced our lives with utmost joy ever since. The mere fact that they can be around us each day, to play and cuddle with us , to lighten us up after a tiring workday, to cheer us up with their antics and stories... that's more than enough for us to find ourselves COMPLETE and ACCOMPLISHED in some way or another.

My little David has had some sort of magic everytime. He never failed to bring something new for us every time. He is some sort of joker and player. He catches our attention with all sorts of moves and funny antics. Someday, I'm seeing and artist or performer in him. Little by little, the traces of my past, being a real adventurer and fun-lover seemingly reflects his every move. I can't believe but marvel... in four years time, my little DAVID has really grown BIGGER and SMARTER. If I can stop the time, I'd probably will. I can't believe, our little baby will soon be reaching newer and broader heights!


Last year, he has just got a chance to play part of a Sunday School performnance. It was a Black Theater for kids and his role was pretty simple, wave hands, sit and go with the music. It may have been that simple and short but I believe, big things just ought to start with really small ones.

We have shown real support for this cute kid by joining him all the way from practice during the holy week break until the day he'd be performing on stage with other kids. He may have been the youngest but at this very moment during practice, I knew he really concentrated a lot. For once, he listened to details, he focused and gave attention to his mentor... with that I WAS ELATED! My playful buddy is now starting his road to GREATNESS... and I can't be but excited to travel that road with him...


Come the day of the performance, we were as thrilled! The play may have only shown silhouettes of our little buddy performer but surely we are his greatest fan. He may not notice us around due to the shadows all around and the darkness that covers all over... we surely are just watching him from afar... looking and watching after him... and getting seriously excited over his next achievement.

I may have never known how my dad could've been so proud of me if he sees me now, just like I see my little David, but I know the feeling of being a DAD is more than winning in a battle of the band or owning my long-coveted car. With my son slowly growing up and taking the centerstage... I can't help but just be on FULL WATCH. I want to see his every move. No matter how simple, no matter how short, no matter how easy or hard or bitter or sweet... I just feel like wanting to be by his side and TRAVELLING THE ROAD TO GREATNESS with him!


Every performance may lapse and come to an end, every milestone may be overturned by an even bigger one and every dream may have been achieved and a new dream will soon be born... but as for me, I want to visible for my son's every performance, milestone and dream. I want him to see me around, as he grows, as he live, as he achieves as he travels his road to greatness.

When our little David becomes a big man already in a few years time, he may be reaching farther and broader than the simple black theater performance that he has once had... but it would always give me the fullness of joy that when my little David starts looking back... He sees me around, together with him, cheering for him... all the way from the engine start, to the full throttle, to the every banking and pitstop and change gear and until the race is finished and until he has completely traversed the ROAD TO GREATNESS which fore-mostly started @HOME!

The road to greatness may have never run as smooth and as easy we may want it to be, but having someone to accompany us along the way increases the probability that we'd reach the END of the ROAD... SUCCESSFULLY!


No comments:

Post a Comment