9.21.2011

I rocked, I rock, I will rock! Music and my autobiography.

 The story of music in my life has gone through different eras. Each generation marks a significant milestone that    forever will be written as a major heading in my autobiography. I say music is my PAST, my PRESENT and my soon to happen FUTURE. And this is my entry for the Unbox Audio-Technica M50 Professional Headphones Giveaway.

Today I'm taking the time out to talk about my long-lost dream... to become a ROCK STAR. Who never wished anyways? Haha!

MUSIC IS MY PAST


My teenage years was marked with my having a new guitar that started a new hobby that I once thought to be SEASONAL.

Yes I went with the flow. I love joining the bandwagon of seasonal enthusiast. Tried YO-YO, card and magic tricks, roller skating, biking and the like.... and if there's one thing I'm proud of these hobbies is that I ALWAYS GIVE MY BEST IN WHATEVER I'M INTO. I spend a lot for my hobby. It's on the full exertion of money, time and effort that I get my rewards and ultimate enjoyment of my passion. 

And my love for music all started with that single desire to be the best, extract my full potential and UNLEASH THE ROCKSTAR IN ME.

I can still remember those days when I have to save for my baon in school just for an hour of practice at a music studio. My late night and early morning finger exercise to train the flexibility and reach of my fingers in hitting the strings. My hard drive getting full with bass video tutorials. My every attempt to win a battle of the bands. Winning is more of a giveaway... it's the chance to performance upstage before a large crowd,  give my all and show them what I've got  that really gives the thrill down my spine for every pluck and tap that I render on my BASS on stage.  


And my effort just truly paid off. We won quite a number of battle of the bands and got my best bassist awards, we've got some late night gigs at the bar, got our first album recording and I even got the chance to perform on a concert at an SM Cinema.  It's much like having the gold medal in olympics or garnering first place in a math competition. The feeling is surreal. I am getting a bit nostalgic now.


My music and my colorful past, being a musician has molded me towards a higher calling that I am into right now. While I used to play in what my Lola would say Banda Rito Banda Roon- much like a street musician and barkadahan, I am now playing part of a church band. Still the same old street music and barkadahan- but for a RENEWED FOCUS AND BRAND NEW PURPOSE.

MUSIC IS MY PRESENT


I have always believed that the training I've had in my past is in preparation for something even bigger. The discipline, the skill, the talent- everything just fell into its proper place for me to be able to be what I am right now.

When I got married I never had time for my late night gigs and short time music jamming at a nearby studio. I, for some time, said goodbye to my music... until I found a new avenue to channel and PLAY MY PASSION.  

I am now the church' music director and I'm happy.

It's not just the bass that I'm holding right now, it's the entire team of brilliant musicians that I am tasked to direct. It was a great honor and I'm blessed for this calling.

Apart from being a bassist, I bought my own electric guitar and start my six-string experience as the lead guitarist. I know I can still push myself to the limit. I know I can offer something more. 

Now it's no longer on being the performer of the night or the best bassist that I am looking forward with an every performance. It's for every heart that we get to touch and bring closer to worship to God that I get my ROCK STAR AWARD.  It's on offering my every head bang, my every jamming, my every performer of the night award, my every rock and roll to my God that I've found true bliss and contentment. Yes, I am finally the rockstar that I've always dreamt of becoming some few years back... and again I'M HAPPY!

Music is my present... it is a GIFT that I will forever be thankful of!

And for being blessed with such present... I am seeing my future as one proud DAD that has passed on its LEGACY TO HIS KIDS!

MUSIC IS MY FUTURE


The moment I knew I already am a dad, I know things will never ever be the same. And it's true. 


I never knew I'd be so devoted to music just as I've never thought I'd be a Dedicated And Devoted  - D.A.D! 

Every time I see some hints of love for music in my kids, I can't help but be proud and excited. I may not have a hold of who or what they want to be in the near future but one thing's for sure, if for once they'll tell me they want to learn my music.. I WILL GIVE THEM MY FULL AND UTMOST SUPPORT!

And here I am being a self-confessed stage daddy for my daughter Cassy...


I rocked, I rock, I will rock!
Just when I thought that my passion for music will soon fade off and season out...I was wrong. Staging some landmarks in my road towards life, my music has now and forever be part of ME. It's utmost significance is on the notion that I was born for it and that I am CALLED FOR IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment