7.24.2011

Captain America is my A+ Captain

A captain is a person who is at the head of or in authority over others; a chief or a leader.
While I have been on a popcorn weekend with my kids lately, I came across a few famous "CAPTAINS"!
All of them embody that of a given definition of being a CAPTAIN, so to speak, but yeah, not all captains are just so the same. Some are no good, some are just right and some are just worthy of having an A+ grade!


Here are (for my kids), the most notable captains in our computer screen.


1. Captain Hook - This Peter Pan antagonist has marked my kids of a bad, greedy, full of hatred and coward captain. He is of authority to his men in his ship, but really acts childish when confronted by Peter Pan. His epic HOOKED hand is after a crocodile bite hence leaving him shiverring everytime he hears the tic-tac of wrist watch. 


For being coward and unmanly captain I give Captain Hook a grade of "F".




2. Captain Jack Sparrow- 
This slightly drunken captain has been through all sorts of adventure in the Carribean seas. He owns a compass that, rather than pointing north, points to the holder’s most wanted possession or desire. His speech is slurred and he seems to be in a constant state of disorientation and confusion. Nonetheless he is just a jolly person, makes a mistakenly right move which eventually saves his fellow and makes him an accidental hero.

For his jolly and hit-and-miss moves and oftentimes being so much linked with "not-so-fine-girls" as a captain I give Captain Jack Sparrow a grade of "B-".


And last but not the least for this list is Captain America...


3. Captain America - Captain America was the alter ego of Steve Rogers, a sickly young man who was enhanced to the peak of human perfection by an experimental serum in order to aid the United States war effort. Transformed into the pinnacle of human physical potential, he became the Sentinel of Liberty: Captain America. Currently, Steve Rogers has taken the mantle back and is leader of the Secret Avengers.

Captain America's strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the highest limits of natural human potential. Rogers' body regularly replenishes the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.  Despite his high profile as one of the world's most popular and recognizable superheroes, Rogers also has a broad understanding of the espionage community, largely through his ongoing relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D. He occasionally makes forays into relatively mundane career fields, including commercial arts, comic book artistry, education (high school history), and law enforcement.

For being  expert in combat strategy, survival, acrobatics, military strategy, piloting, and demolitions yet truly humane superhero, I give him a grade of "A+".
 

 And because such captains are as remarkable and truly outstanding, I myself have been dreaming of being one. I have never dreamt really of heading a ship or a plane, but something that is far more worth - MY FAMILY. Being a father is like being a captain- AUTHORITATIVE BUT JUST... STRICT BUT LOVING.
And as for my kids, I am hoping they give me an A+ grade too as their captain.

" I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul."
- Invictus


  Now my kids and I will be just as excited to watch Captain America - The first Avenger on the big screen this July 29.

“For more promos and updates Like them on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/captamericaph and visit http://www.theavengersassembled.com



No comments:

Post a Comment