1.03.2011

New Year, New Look and New Groove for our Faithful Precious Ride

A few weeks back, I gave my car some happy holiday treat by shedding off some extra bucks for its periodic car maintenance. Come this new year's season, I felt it necessary to have some nice groove inside my ride, so I dressed it up with a brand new car stereo, 3-way speakers plus an auto tint replacement and a power antenna to complete the new groove package for my faithful Woo.

Near my office along Delmonte Avenue, Quezon City is a chain of car accessory shops and that's where we decided to bring our car. We arrived there too early and thought the shops would be closed because that day, December 27, 2010 is a holiday. Fortunately, SPINNER car accessories shop opened earlier than the other shops within the strip so we decided to have our car fixed there.


For auto tint we chose 3M, it's our trusted brand. We made sure it's authentic so we really checked the box if it's made in US and not China, so as I may say, yes they do sell authentic 3M auto tints there at Spinner car accessories. There are also small dotted 3M marks in the car windows after installation which added to our confidence that it really is not fake. Anyways, got my windows and a portion of my front windshield installed with heavy tints so as to prevent too much heat from penetrating in my skin and in the interior of the car. The heavy tint for windows was ideal, looked almost opaque from outside but viewing from inside the car was much less translucent. On the back window, we preferred a medium tint so as to allow visibility specially at night driving.

3M Auto Tint Installation
For our car stereo we chose Pioneer 2250UBG. It's pretty ordinary but will serve its purpose on us, especially the 3.5mm jack and USB connectivity where I will be able to play music directly from my phone or from my USB drive. It will also allow us to connect our notebook for a movie joyride with my kids on board. We have also installed a power antenna in the car for better radio tuning and also as an added groove to my ride a.k.a mobility with style.

Pioneer 2250UBG 
- reads audio cd, cdr, cd-rw mp3, wma, wav  formats
- iPod, iPhone, USB connectivity, AM/FM Tuner
- remote controlled
- Advanced Sound Retriever technology 
- 50w x 4


I chose a JBL GT0938  for my speakers. Quite pricey but truly worth the price for two  100W-3-way speakers. For a musician on board, high quality speakers such as a JBL speaker surely is a BEST BUY!

JBL GT0938


Bought that Pioneer 2250UBG stereo quite higher priced than SRP but since the installation is free so I'm pretty sure I paid fair. I commend the workers of Spinner car accessories for exerting much effort on the installation of my speaker and stereo. They did woodworking just to fit in my stereo to my dashboard. The stereo slot in my dashboard was quite off standard so they really had a hard time doing it. After some careful measurement, pattern making and power tool cutting, they painted the carved wood black so it really took much effort on their side just to install my stereo. They also made a housing for my speakers because it is oval shaped as opposed to a previously round shaped enclosure that I have for my previous speaker.

Car stereo, speakers and power antenna installation
The half day wait and extra bucks shed for the new groove on our ride was worth the take. Traffic jams and daylight heat won't hassle the driver and the passenger on board with this new year, new look and new groove of our faithful precious ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment