12.16.2010

Periodic Car Maintenance of My Woo-Racer

I've got a 96-model Daewoo Racer as my first ride from my hard earned money. I got it quite cheap considering that it was handed over to me newly car painted. I saved approximately 20,000 Philippine peso for the car repaint.

Daewoo has lost popularity here in the Philippines and so they have to re-badge some of its products as Chevrolet Optra and Cherry QQ. It was a fickle-funny-fate for me to see a few Daewoo cars being driven around the metro on my way to the office. Some people just gotta say it was not a wise buy and having one like that surely is a headache. And I say it's true, it's really hard to own one, the parts are scarce and really it would kill much time looking around Banawe and Mindanao avenue to find for car parts.

But the catch is this, we have the internet now! There's no more hard time driving around, wasting some precious fuel to look for spare parts of an old car. I found good advices from car forums and blog sites of Daewoo racer owners like me. And true enough, I've got a one-stop-shop for all the parts and periodic maintenance for my car and I know they are all just a phone call away. I called every contact to inquire about my needed parts, decided where's the most fuel efficient route to go there using GoogleMaps and walla... my Woo is on its first periodic maintenance.

For Auto Supply, I found Capitol Auto Supply along Commonwealth Avenue ( Across Meralco and Convergys Commonwealth Branch ). They've got all my auto parts needs right there. The staff has been so accomodating and their parts are priced cheap. They are along the road so it's really easy to locate their store. The day we were there, they were a boom! They've got lots of customers, maybe because of them being nice to us.

They've got their own mechanics and a machine shop on the side aside from their auto supply shop. It's really a one-stop-auto-shop.

Capitol Auto Supply :
Landline: 9312315
Address: Lot 8 blk 1, Don Ernesto St., cor Don Mariano Marcos Avenue, Holy Spirit, Quezon City.


My Daewoo Racer GTE being fixed
Fo my car's periodic maintenance, I've had change oil, fuel and oil filters changed, gear oil replaced, spark plugs and break pads replaced and airconditioning systems fixed.

A busy day for Capitol Auto Supply

 For airconditioning, the Demeter John Car Aircon and Auto Electrical Shop along Commonwealth Avenue , North Fairview part, is the one that I can recommend. I saved much because they do repair rather than replace damaged parts of the fan of my car.

Demeter John Car Aircon- 428-2550

That old car that we have obtained gave us much pleasure and comfort than headache. It is the first ever car that I drove so it served as my guinea pig in driving - got my driver's license by practicing driving using it. Moreover it serves as a service for my family every time we go to church on Sundays and let us enjoy weekends and holidays anywhere we want just a drive away with my kids and wife on board. It has practically served its purpose on us. After all its the aircon and the engine that really counts most in buying cars and in my Woo's case -everything now is in efficient working condition.

You see buying old cars sometimes sucks, but surfing patiently over the net for useful information and resources would surely save you big bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment